In order for Astrum Consultants to be able to prepare and lodge your Income Tax Return on your behalf, please collate the following items:
- Income Statements (previously Group Certificates). Most employers no longer provide these, but don’t worry, we can download your “Income Statement” for you.
- Payment Summaries for pensions or annuities (not an old age pension obviously, but you could have a disability pension)
- Payment Summaries from Centrelink (Jobseeker/Jobkeeper, youth allowance, pensions etc)
- Eligible termination payment statements
- Interest earned from bank accounts, debentures (a debenture is a document that shows you have a loan), etc.
- Share Dividend Statements
- Annual Taxation Statements from trusts, managed investments, property and cash management trusts
- Income and expenses from investment property(s)
- Business income and expenses (self-employed)
- Foreign pensions
- Assets/shares, buy and sell statements
- A list of work-related expenses
- Home Office costs and documentation of the hours you worked from home
- Motor vehicle log and expense receipts
- Interest and fees on investment loans
- Donations to charities (unless you get a ticket to win something in return, those ones don’t count)
- School building levies and library funds
- Fees charged for previous year’s tax return(s)
- Income protection insurance and sickness and accident insurance
- Superannuation contributions (self-employed)
- Private health insurance details
- Amount of HELP debt or Financial Supplement loans outstanding
- Spouse TFN, date of birth and taxable income
- Last year’s tax return or assessment notice from the ATO
- Bank account details – BSB & Account Number so your refund can be credited directly into your bank account, as the Tax Office no longer issue cheques.
Not all the above will be relevant to your situation, however the more information you provide, the less we will have to ask for.
Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.